Go Back   PimpAndHost Support Forums - #1 Image Hosting & Editing Site on the web! > Support > Bugs
Main Site Community Today's Posts Search

Bugs Please use this forum to report any bugs encountered, kindly provide screenshots, videos, and a detailed description of the problem, including steps taken to recreate it, so that we can effectively address the issue.

Old 07-15-2009   #1
slyj

slyj is on a distinguished road
Default redirect

a forum that I am a member of is threatening to kick me me out and remove
all my threads if I don't remove the photos I have posted that are hosted
by PnH. The reason being that when I post a full sized pic and someone clicks on
it, it doesn't open up to the picture again, but rather to the PimpandHost site
trying to get them to join. Is there not any way I can post a full sized photo
that is not clickable? Otherwise, I will basically lose every thread I started on
there.
slyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #2
pimp
Team Leader

pimp will become famous soon enough

uhm that is kinda weird, if you post a "full size" images already so whats their problem?

we don't do nothing bad, obviously we need to gain something from the whole process meaning gaining new users & some traffic. if we let people link straight to "images" with no back links and nothing, we gonna fail as a site and will be forced shutting down.

I don't think we do something NOT normal or unaccepted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Making sharing easy - The #1 image hosting platform since 2006
pimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #3
slyj

slyj is on a distinguished road

If clicking on the photo directs to the site, whether the picture that is posted is either full or thumbnail, it should open up with the picture that is clicked on. The same advertisements that are opening now could be shown with the picture, there by avoiding any seeming of being hijacked. Which I was explained to me by the moderator of the forum, is basically what is
happening. See what I mean? Get the same results without being so obvious about it. Many, many forums are going this route. You would not believe the compliments I have received about
how cool it was what I had done to the pictures I have posted there with the tools from this site. If I am not allowed to post those pimped photos, no one sees them, less people know
about PnH. Pretty much just the opposite of what you were saying. Open the pics up at this
site. Let the pictures hosted by PnH do the advertising for you. Make sense to you?
slyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #4
pimp
Team Leader

pimp will become famous soon enough

I get the main idea though yes. you want the "full" images simply lead to the actual page with the "full image" clear enought man, BUT even if we fix it, it wont "auto" fix on your forums, since its hardcoded in their forums now, OR you will have to "repost" those urls after we fix, then it will work good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Making sharing easy - The #1 image hosting platform since 2006
pimp is online now   Reply With Quote