Go Back   PimpAndHost Support Forums - #1 Image Hosting & Editing Site on the web! > Support > Bugs
Main Site Community Today's Posts Search

Bugs Please use this forum to report any bugs encountered, kindly provide screenshots, videos, and a detailed description of the problem, including steps taken to recreate it, so that we can effectively address the issue.

Old 07-21-2007   #1
RickyD

RickyD is on a distinguished road
Default Password Feature Inop?

Just curious... What's the point of being able to password an album if it doesn't work?

I've tried all sorts of scenarios (browsers, passwords, etc) and none of them work.

So... ?
RickyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007   #2
pimp
Team Leader

pimp will become famous soon enough

what exectly did you do? since album passwording works perfectly here, but hey we are humans, mistakes can be done. give me more infos please, what did you try to do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Making sharing easy - The #1 image hosting platform since 2006
pimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007   #3
RickyD

I don't mean to sound snitty, but I really shouldn't have to name every step there is to do to create a password should I? It's very basic. You fill the blank in with the desired password and click the button.

It obviously does something, because after I go through all the motions it says it's passworded. Trouble is, no password I enter will get past the gate after that. Because some sites are case sensitive, I always enter things exactly each time. That didn't even work.

Of course I can always get in using my logon, but not using the URL asssigned to my album. If I pretend to be an anonymous visitor using that URL, I input the password and click the button and it just blinks once. It never goes anywhere.

Thanks,
Rick (far from a compu-newbie btw)
Old 07-21-2007   #4
pimp
Team Leader

pimp will become famous soon enough

this is really weird to me, can u private message me your album? then ill know for sure and ill check it with you. since i tried it with my own albums and all works perfect, maybe its some bug so need to find the error in able to fix it. please send me url to the album in private message.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Making sharing easy - The #1 image hosting platform since 2006
pimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007   #5
svsv

Hey Rick,
we had some small issues with private option, today all of them were solved...

Please try again and tell me if it works for you now, thanks for pointing this out.
Old 07-23-2007   #6
RickyD

Default You're getting closer...

Okay, now the password works, but ONLY if I originally establish it using Internet Explorer. It wouldn't work with Firefox. Once I established it, it seemed to work fine with both browsers.

BUT, once you log into the passworded site, it KEEPS you logged in. It should reset when the browser windows are closed or there's no sense in having a password at all, wouldn't you think? That's the way all passworded sites I've ever seen work.

As I said... you're getting closer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsv View Post
Hey Rick,
we had some small issues with private option, today all of them were solved...

Please try again and tell me if it works for you now, thanks for pointing this out.
Old 07-23-2007   #7
svsv

Password in your browser (pc is more accurate) resets after a week, the logic is that if u wanna visit the image/album again, u won't have to fill the password every time
Old 07-24-2007   #8
RickyD

Wouldn't it make more sense to just put a LOGOUT button on a passworded album?

Having a passworded site available for a week makes no sense. What's the point in having it passworded if someone can sit down at your computer and access it with no password?

Oh well...