Go Back   PimpAndHost Support Forums - #1 Image Hosting & Editing Site on the web! > Support > Bugs
Main Site Community Today's Posts Search

Bugs Please use this forum to report any bugs encountered, kindly provide screenshots, videos, and a detailed description of the problem, including steps taken to recreate it, so that we can effectively address the issue.

Old 01-27-2016   #51
dolphindude97

dolphindude97 is on a distinguished road

One other thing, maybe the old search bar was slow and had some problems because so many people loved it and always used it... Now since no one can find ANYTHING, less people are using the new search causing the incorrect assumption that it is running much more quickly. Please get rid of this google search feature completely! I would rather have the old search be slow or crash for a couple days than slam my head up against a brick wall trying to figure out how the crap this google search can get me to the same results.
dolphindude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016   #52
pimp
Team Leader

pimp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot554 View Post
Itsdone.. This site now doesn't have a working search bar..I really can't see the reason for what's being done to the site but Im finished now ..its absolutely pointless trying to use this site now..its fucked ..see you all guY's and take care
stop being melodramatic, i`m asking valid questions in order to make the search work to your liking, if you prefer being a drama queen instead of giving valid answers, its your decision.

P.S: don`t forget you pay absolutely nothing for using this site, and we are doing it all for you guys free of charge, so the least you could do is act normally.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Making sharing easy - The #1 image hosting platform since 2006
pimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016   #53
pimp
Team Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphindude97 View Post
Ok pimp, let me try to explain it the best way I know how. The old search feature opened up to 38 pages I believe of results that matched closely to what was searched for. The old search also had the most recent uploads at the bottom of the home page and with an additional search you could find even more recent uploads. I would also like to point out that I believe we are all discussing searching the main site, not our own albums. With this new (crappy) google search, it gives us 10 pages of results with four on each page... and they all seem to be old albums or dead links that take you to nothing. Again, as I said in an earlier post, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Yes it may have been slow or caused some issues but it was THE BEST SEARCH BAR EVER!!!!!

Now that I have tried to explain why this new search is complete garbage compared to this new google search, let me ask you (pimp) a question. Was the search bar ever broken or unable to work or had you planned to replace the old search feature with this new third party google search bar? It seemed to me over the weekend that you were not prepared for it but now it seems this was your whole plan all along.

Thanks Pimp!
thanks for the clear answer, i`ll see what we can do with the provided data.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-27-2016   #54
stardust77

stardust77 is on a distinguished road

Dolphindude think exactly like tea, I do not think I ever read complaints about the excessive slowness of the old research, which also seemed to mè not very slow, but it was very functional, upgraded quickly.
I do not understand then why this change, I believe the search is now absolutely useless !!!!!!!!
stardust77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016   #55
stardust77

stardust77 is on a distinguished road

Ty Pimp......now it's oooooook!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks so much!!!!!!!!
stardust77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016   #56
dolphindude97

dolphindude97 is on a distinguished road

Yes thank you very much Pimp!! It is back to the great search feature we all love!
dolphindude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016   #57
pimp
Team Leader

We try our best .

We try to resolve the slowness issues with the search now. hopefully we will manage to optimize it and make it work faster/better also.

Old 01-28-2016   #58
pimp
Team Leader

search bar has nothing to do with posts on forum just FYI, and search is back, yes.