Go Back   PimpAndHost Support Forums - #1 Image Hosting & Editing Site on the web! > Support > Bugs
Main Site Community Today's Posts Search

Bugs Please use this forum to report any bugs encountered, kindly provide screenshots, videos, and a detailed description of the problem, including steps taken to recreate it, so that we can effectively address the issue.

Old 04-07-2008   #11
jerzygirl

jerzygirl is on a distinguished road

ummm ... guys, you no sooner tell me its up and running again after a HD crash and its down again for several days ..... this makes it really frustrating cos all of my posts go red x and I can't get to any of my pics that I have stored on here. Can you give me an idea of what is going on and if its something that is gonna keep happening until you finally get it all ironed out?
jerzygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #12
pimp
Team Leader

pimp will become famous soon enough

its almost fixed, there was power outage and it hurt our HD alot.
but now we are almost there and server is stable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Making sharing easy - The #1 image hosting platform since 2006
pimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #13
jerzygirl

thanks for letting us know .... and sorry to hear about the HD damage ... hopefully everything will be running smoother for ya now ....
Old 04-08-2008   #14
inasilentway1

inasilentway1 is on a distinguished road

Don't WORRY???? This site has been down more than its been up in the last week. I really don't want to go anywhere but if the server is down 4 out of 7 days that is not a good thing. And the response of "we're working on it...don't worry" is not exactly reassuring since that was pretty much the response the first time.
inasilentway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #15
jerzygirl

OK guys I have to say it again .... what the hell happened now? This site has been down for about a week now and when that happens not only can I not access my pics but everything I have posted anywhere goes red x. It gets VERY aggravating when this is happening more and more.

And I have to agree with inasilentway1 ... telling us that you are working on it and not to worry is getting to be a bit redundant.

So, what's going on?
Old 04-16-2008   #16
pimp
Team Leader

I understand everything, we moved to new server, everything is saved.
NO data been lost, everything will be showing and working again within next 24-48hours TOPS.

when our HD died, we moved to new server, but copying 300gb from 1 server to other (Remotely/Online) + setting new server takes time ;( i`m so sorry bout it guys.

(since we are not the owner of the hosting company)

we are really doing all in our power to prevent from stuff like this EVER happening again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-16-2008   #17
jerzygirl

I can appreciate the headaches of moving everything to a new server. And I applaud your efforts in doing this to make the site better. I am wondering if there is some way you can notify members if you know you are going to be taking the site down for maintenance or before you do something major like this. At least this way we would all be aware of what is happening and not just thinking the the site has crashed again.

I know this can be done due to other sites like this (forums) that I belong to. Something like posting a message on the main page when we log in

Last edited by jerzygirl; 04-16-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2008   #18
pimp
Team Leader

thing is it was Unplanned. we would never go down WITHOUT letting you know.

it happened unrelated to us.

Due to Power problems on the Data center, the HD died. and we could`t get the site online BEFORE setting it up on new server.

Old 04-16-2008   #19
jerzygirl

this is what we are saying ....

you came to us after the big HD crash and told us what was happening .... then we were up and running for a couple of days .....

then another week of NOTHING.

So somewhere in all this time we could have been told that things weren't working with the old server and you were moving it. We at least would have been warned that there was gonna be down time and that would have been understandable.

But when you come in and tell us there was a problem and you had been working on it and things were back up .... then again it goes down .... you have a whole lot of members who start to wonder what is going to happen next.

I just want to know that the site I found and really enjoy is going to be staying online. I have been looking and to be honest there isnt any other site out there that I like more.
Old 04-18-2008   #20
pimp
Team Leader

thanks for the support kinky good to have u guys here.