PimpAndHost Support Forums - #1 Image Hosting & Editing Site on the web!

PimpAndHost Support Forums - #1 Image Hosting & Editing Site on the web! (https://forum.pimpandhost.com//index.php)
-   Suggestions / Feedbacks (https://forum.pimpandhost.com//forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Glitch / bug (https://forum.pimpandhost.com//showthread.php?t=3912)

TheOriginalJerkCircle 12-30-2022 04:13 AM

Glitch / bug

I love all the new updates, but...

I had set my profile picture and background picture successfully a few days ago.
The BUG i'd like to report is that today I uploaded a new gallery and then my profile background image ("Cover Photo" is the name in the onscreen button) changed to one of the photos in the series I had just uploaded to the new gallery.

The unexpected behavior is that the background picture ("Cover Photo")changed to a photo of a gallery upload...I didn't' want my background picture to change. I just wanted to upload to a new gallery.

Please let me know if you need me to repeat this action ... or any other info I can offer to help track this to a solution.

Great site!

pimp 12-30-2022 09:17 AM

Hey CJ, Can you please show me a screenshot? i just tried to upload a new gallery and i see nothing changed?

if you can even screen record to show us the error even better.

Fashion_Attempt 01-04-2023 03:10 PM

Yes, the profile "cover photo" that sits at the top of the profile page, seems to always change/default to a photo in the newest album uploaded, even if the album is a 'private' album. Having to reset that cover photo every single time I upload an album is very annoying.

See attached photo, it's the top cover photo circled in red that resets.

Great updates to the site, overall, though! :)https://ist7-1.filesor.com/pimpandho...11.05-AM_0.jpg

pimp 01-04-2023 05:42 PM

This is really weird, it does not happen to me, I'll ask my devs to take a look though.

hepcat940 01-05-2023 07:44 AM

It's not happening to me either...I did have to fiddle with picture size and cropping but that was about it.

pimp 01-05-2023 03:08 PM

We fixed some bug related to the cover, but again we can not replicate the error, can you guys make a video that will show us your exact actions so we can replicate them somehow?

you can send the link in private message here on the forum.

Fashion_Attempt 01-06-2023 07:51 PM

There is no action other than when uploading an album, the cover photo auto changes, every single time, to a photo that is in the most recent uploaded album, even though I have previously uploaded a specific photo for the cover photo.

It's def odd that it seems to be happening to some of us but not all, for sure. I feel like an idiot, now, but considering I started coding websites in the late 90's, I kinda feel like I can upload a cover photo correctly. But maybe not :p

Thanks again :o

pimp 01-08-2023 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fashion_Attempt (Post 20909)
There is no action other than when uploading an album, the cover photo auto changes, every single time, to a photo that is in the most recent uploaded album, even though I have previously uploaded a specific photo for the cover photo.

It's def odd that it seems to be happening to some of us but not all, for sure. I feel like an idiot, now, but considering I started coding websites in the late 90's, I kinda feel like I can upload a cover photo correctly. But maybe not :p

Thanks again :o

Clear, which uploader do you use for this to happen? from main page? menu? inside your profile?

Thanks.

Fashion_Attempt 01-10-2023 01:12 PM

The 'glitch' seems to be fixed, as of today. Thank you again, for being responsive, it's truly appreciated.

pimp 01-10-2023 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fashion_Attempt (Post 20923)
The 'glitch' seems to be fixed, as of today. Thank you again, for being responsive, it's truly appreciated.

Great to hear, our developers worked on it for a while to make sure it doesn't happen :)

Thanks for reporting back!